To encourage and reward composers who write music for percussion instruments and to increase the number of quality compositions written for percussion.
- $3,000 grand prize (up to two honorable mentions – $250.00 each). Additional pieces may be acknowledged by the judges due to their quality. These pieces will not receive financial awards.
- Winning composition, Honorable mention(s), and additional pieces selected by the judges will be listed on the PAS website with composer’s picture and bio.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed along with review of work(s) in Percussive Notes during early 2021.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be further announced at PASIC.
- Winning composition will be performed in the USA shortly after the winner is announced. Other performances around the world may occur based around availability of performers.
- Works can not have been premiered and must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
- Duration, level, and instrumentation (within limits of the above criteria) of composition will be left to the composer.
- Works also using new or extended techniques are also encouraged.
- No arrangements of works will be accepted.
Submit the following items through the online application:
- A PDF file of the composition absent of any composer information. Label file with title of work.
- An audio file of a computer realization or other recording (non performance) of the composition absent of any composer or performer information. Label file with title of work.
- All complete applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges. Contest results will be announced in November 2020.
- All entry materials become property of PAS. PAS does not claim rights to distribute materials. Materials will be archived for historical purposes only. Composers retain all rights to their composition.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but a separate application and $20 entry fee is required for each entry.
DEADLINE: August 3, 2020
Questions? Please email email@example.com